Activities & Quaint Shops
Enjoy an adventure of shopping, hiking or any of the amazing things this quaint town has to offer.
Fun Things To Do
Red Wing, Minnesota is a historic river town nestled into the Mississippi River bluffs just one hour from Minneapolis-St Paul, Rochester, MN, and Eau Claire, WI. It is a wonderful destination spot any time of year. Be sure to enjoy the mighty Mississippi River from the parks and walkways adjoining it. A hike up Barn Bluff affords panoramic views of the surrounding area that go for miles.
Not to Miss Attractions in Red Wing and Surrounding Areas
- Take a stroll through Red Wing’s historic downtown district, featuring an array of specialty shops, antique stores, boutiques, local eateries and bars.
- Hike the famous Barn Bluff and enjoy panoramic views of the Mississippi River and downtown Red Wing.
- See a show at the Sheldon Theatre, a historic performance venue built in 1904.
- Visit Hanisch Bakery—winner of WCCO’s 2016 viewer’s choice award for Best Donuts in Minnesota.
- Book a tour of the St. James Hotel to take you back to a bygoneera, or simply walk right in to enjoy a meal or beverage at one of the hotel’s restaurants.
- Grab a bite to eat at the Red Wing Brewery, voted Red Wing’s #2 restaurant—try their famous pizza while sipping on a local brew!
- Visit one of Red Wing’s waterfront parks—Baypoint Park, Levee Park or Colvill Park.
- During the Winter months, head on over to Welch Village for a day of skiing and snowboarding.
- For golf lovers, course options include Red Wing Golf Course, Mississippi National Golf Links and Mount Frontenac.
- Visit the Red Wing Shoe store to see The World’s Biggest Boot!
- Visit the Pottery Museum and Red Wing Pottery & Stoneware Company to learn about Red Wing’s historic pottery industry.
- Take a drive on the Great River Road for eagle watching and scenic views of the Mississippi River.
- Embark on the Lake Pepin Wine Trail—on which you will visit four wineries while passing through small towns full of charm, history, shopping and beautiful scenery.
Days at the Round Barn Farm:
If you spend your day at the Round Barn Farm, rural relaxation and pleasures are yours. Stroll the paths winding through our 35 acres around fields and up the wooded bluff. The re-opened tractor path takes you up through the woods to where you can see Lake Pepin in the distance through the forest canopy. Watch for deer and wild turkeys as you continue to the top of the bluff. Log benches provide places to rest and visit along the way.
Summer will find you on the swing in the old oak tree or picking ripe wild blackberries in the east field. Take a refreshing drink and a book out to the gazebo to enjoy! Or experience the fun of a flashlight walk on a June night and be amazed at the “Christmas lights display” of fireflies!